The Irish Immigrant Investor program is available for high net worth individuals with a personal net worth of at least two million euros. The program offers four investment options for potential investors:
- Investing in a company – at least 1 million euros invested in an Irish company for at least three years. This can be, for example, a startup founded by the investor themself or an existing business registered in Ireland. Also included in this category are investments in social housing or kindergartens.
- Investing in an investment fund – 1 million euros invested in an approved fund for at least three years. Such funds must be approved and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Investing in Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) – a minimum investment of €2 million in any Irish REIT listed on the Irish Stock Exchange for at least three years. This option is suitable for those who do not like to take risks and are looking for a steady income in the future. After three years, the investor can sell no more than 50% of the shares. After four years, they are allowed to sell another 25% of the shares and the remainder after five years.
- Donations to charity of at least 500,000 euros to a community project in arts, sports, health, culture or education in Ireland. This is the simplest option, as it does not require any action on the part of the investor after the investment.
The program also consists of four main steps
- File an application based on one of the investment options. There is no need to invest money at this stage.
- Obtain confirmation from the review committee
- Invest following the confirmed application
- Provide investment confirmation
Anti-money laundering check
All applicants will be subjected to a very rigorous anti-money laundering check. When all the checks have been passed, the applicant and their family receive a permanent residence permit in Ireland. The family can include a spouse and children under the age of 18. Children 18-24 years old are also allowed to join if they are graduating at the time of application and are studying full time.
Cost of the application
The cost of the application is €1,500. When submitting, it is imperative to confirm the origin of the money. This can be proof of salary, bonuses, commissions, dividends, gifts or inheritance (in the case of gifts, the origin of the money must also be confirmed), the sale of real estate or business, your business or other investments. A loan will not be accepted as an investment.